Aromasin Tablets contain exemestane which is an aromatase inhibitor, it works by blocking oestrogen biosynthesis and is used to help avert the growth of oestrogen-dependent breast cancer in postmenopausal women.
These tablets can be used to treat early breast cancer to reduce risk of recurrence or spreading of the tumour.
To purchase this item you must have a valid prescription.
Please take Aromasin Tablet 25mg as prescribed by your doctor or medical professional. Direction details will be available on your medication container.
You should not use Aromasin tablets 25mg if you:
- are allergic to exemestane or any ingredients in Aromasin
- are pregnant or are breastfeeding
- are pre-menopausal with intact ovaries
- have kidney or liver disease
- have osteoporosis without discussion with your doctor
- are taking medicines that interact with Aromasin, including; oestrogen containing medication (such as for hormone replacement therapy), tamoxifen, another breast cancer drug, without discussion with your doctor.
The most commonly reported side effects when taking Aromasin tablets 25mg include: hot flushes, joint pain or stiffness, skin rash gastrointestinal upset (nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea), headache, fatigue, feeling weak (asthenia), insomnia, skin rash, increased sweating, carpal tunnel syndrome, sleepiness, hair loss, anorexia.
Please contact your doctor or medical practitioner to understand more about the side effects of taking Aromasin Tablet 25mg.
Aromasin tablets 25mg contain the active ingredient exemestane, an aromatase inhibitor that blocks oestrogen biosynthesis and is used to treat breast cancer. They also containcolloidal hydrated silica, crospovidone, hypromellose, light magnesium carbonate, magnesium stearate, mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose, methyl hydroxybenzoate, macrogol 6000, polysorbate 80, polyvinyl alcohol, simethicone, sodium starch glycollate, sucrose, titanium dioxide, cetyl esters wax, purified talc and carnauba wax and black printing ink.