No matter what you weight or what your body shape is, six 5 minute bursts of simple exercise can be just as beneficial as a full 30 minute workout for your weight loss regime. This means there's definitely no excuse to work a quick exercise burst into your day. You don't always need fancy equipment or a gym membership to feel a little fitter and and see the benefits of some simple workouts. Here is a whole host of ideas for some quick and easy exercise that can fit into any part of the day and won't require trips to the gym if that's not your thing!
- Take the dog for a walk - this is a great form of exercise and an ideal excuse to get moving - not only that but your pooch will thank you for it too! Whether it's a quick trip round the park or a long walk through the woods, it's an ideal way to get some cardio activity in the day.
- Simple exercises in the TV ad breaks - usually around 3 minutes long, this is a great opportunity to do a short burst of activity like running or skipping on the spot. Try doing this through every ad break during the programme you're watching.
- Get cleaning - even though we all hate it, cleaning can give us a good workout. All that vacuuming, dusting and tidying is a great way to get your body moving while doing something productive and you can burn up to 150 calories just from cleaning and tidying!
- Talk while you walk - It's easy to get distracted while you're on the phone, so if you're preparing yourself for the next hour long chat with your mother, then go for a walk at the same time. If not, just get used to the idea of walking around whenever you're on the phone and never sit still.
- Take the stairs at any opportunity - skipping the lifts and escalators and taking the stairs whenever you can, will make a huge difference. It's a great way to build up some stamina as a lot of people find they get out of breath just by walking up the stairs. When you've been doing it for some time, try going up the stairs at a faster pace or take them 2 at a time.
- Washing the car - not only will cleaning your house work up a sweat, but cleaning the car is another great excuse to get moving and burning calories. Cleaning the car will involve some elbow grease - not only will you feel great but your car will be sparkling too!