Zineryt Lotion 30ml
To purchase this item, you must have a valid prescription.
You need to post your prescription to us before we can send it to you.
Zineryt Lotion conatins the active substances erythromycin and zinc acetate which belongs to the group of antibiotics for treatment of acne, often referred to as pimples or spots. These medicines are used to reduce the growth of bacteria which cause acne.
Zineryt Lotion contains two active ingredients erythromycin and zinc acetate which is used to treat Acne Vulgaris.
What does Erthoromycin do?
Erythromycin is used to treat infections caused by bacteria. It works by attacking the bacteria associated with acne.
Erythromycin prevents bacteria from producing proteins that are essential to them. Without these proteins the bacteria cannot grow, replicate and increase in numbers. Erythromycin doesn't directly kill the bacteria, but leaves them unable to increase in numbers. The remaining bacteria eventually die or are destroyed by the immune system.
By controlling bacterial numbers, erythromycin brings the inflammation of the sebaceous glands under control, and allows the skin to heal.
What does Zinc Acetate do?
Zinc preparations have traditionally been used for their skin healing properties. In this preparation, zinc is used in the form of zinc acetate because this combines with the erythromycin to form a chemical complex which is efficiently absorbed into the skin.
Zineryt solution should be applied twice daily over the whole of the affected area for a period of 10 to 12 weeks.
Zineryt Lotion: Instructions for proper use:
- Wash the affected area first before using Zineryt.
- If you want to apply make-up, use the medicine first and let it dry.
- Zineryt comes to you in a special bottle with a special applicator pad protected by a cap which you should remove just before use and replace firmly after each use. The pad makes it easy to apply the solution to the whole of the affected area of the skin to be treated.
- To use Zineryt unscrew the protective cap, hold the bottle upside down, place the pad against the skin, and spread the solution over the whole of the affected area (including the surrounding skin). The flow of solution can be increased by pressing the pad a little more firmly against the skin.
- If you use the applicator properly, just the right quantity should be applied. But if you do put too much on, blot it off with some toilet tissue, and make sure it does not run into the eyes, nose or mouth. If it does, wash well with plenty of water (see also ‘Take special care with Zineryt’ under section 2. Beforeyou use Zineryt).
Frequency of administration:
Usually, Zineryt should be applied all over the affected area and the surrounding skin twice a day.
Do not use Zineryt
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to erythromycin, or zinc or to any of the other ingredients of Zineryt
- if you are allergic to antibiotics of the macrolide group. Your doctor or pharmacist will be able to tell you if that is the case.
Take special care with Zineryt:
- Avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes of the nose and mouth. However, if this occurs, then rinse the affected area immediately with cold or lukewarm water for several minutes.
Using other medicines:
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
You may use Zineryt if you are pregnant. You may breast feed during treatment with Zineryt but do not use this medicine on the area of your chest.
Driving and using machines:
It is not likely that Zineryt affects your ability to drive or use machines.
You should carefully read all product packaging and labels prior to use
- The active substances are erythromycin (40 mg/ml) and zinc acetate (12 mg/ml) combined in a special way.
- The other ingredients are di-isopropyl sebacate and ethanol.