Salcura Topida Intimate Hygiene Thrush Spray:
Topida has been particularly designed to soothe, cool and calm by creating a healthy microbial balance on the affected areas. This effective, quick acting solution balances the pH and essential nutrients help maintain skin cells and mucosa in a viable and healthy condition. The ingredients have been carefully chosen to provide all the nutrients for skin hygiene and comfort.
Salcura's Topida is our most effective product for people prone to fungal infections anywhere on the body. Here's why:
- Offers a far more pleasant and practical alternative to creams and pessaries
- No known side effectves
- Suitable for use during pregnancy / breast feeding
- Once it has dealt with an infection, continued use can reduce the chances of future infections
- Supports a healthy balanced micro flora
- Calms and soothes irritated skin.
- Acts as an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent.
- Formulated with anti-itch properties.
Vaginal thrush is a fungal infection that causes irritation and swelling of the vagina and vulva (a womans external sexual organs). Thrush is also known by a number of names including candida, vulvovaginal candidiasis, vulvovaginal candidosis, and vaginal yeast infection. Thrush is most commonly caused by a type of fungus known as Candida albicans. The Candida species of fungus is found naturally in the vagina, and is usually harmless. However, if the conditions in the vagina change, Candida albicans can cause the symptoms of thrush.
It is not known exactly how changes that occur in the vagina trigger thrush, but it may be due to a hormone (chemical) imbalance. In most cases, the cause of the hormonal changes is unknown. However, some possible risk factors have been identified, such as taking antibiotics (medicines used to treat infections caused by bacteria).