Price Per Tablet (Prescription Only)
To purchase this item, you must have a valid pet prescription.
You need to post your prescription to us before we can send it to you.
Milbemax is a broad spectrum wormer indicated in the dog for the treatment of mixed infections by the adult cestodes and nematodes. It can treat infections due to hookworms, roundworms and tapeworms, as well as for heartworm prevention.
Milbemax treats the infections that may be caused by hookworms, roundworms, whipworms and tapeworms. It also reduces the infection of lungworm and help to prevent heartworm. It also treats mixed infections with roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms while preventing heartworm in cats.
To purchase this item you must have a valid vet prescription.
Directions for the use of Milbemax Dog 5-50kg:
- Treatment should be administered orally, with or after food.
- Dose is calculated by weight.
- 5-25 kg = 1 tablet
- 25-50 kg = 2 tablets
- 50-75 = 3 tablets
- Please use veterinarian’s advice with regards to dose, as accurate dose is essential.
- In cases where heartworm disease prevention is used and at the same time treatment against tapeworm is required, the product can replace the monovalent product for the prevention of heartworm disease.
- For Angiostrongylus vasorum infections, milbemycin oxime should be given four times at weekly intervals. It is recommended, where concomitant treatment against cestodes is indicated, to treat once with the product and continue with the monovalent product containing milbemycin oxime alone, for the remaining three weekly treatments.
Caution when using Milbemax Dog 5-50kg Tablets:
- Do not use either strength of tablet in dogs weighing less than 1 kg.
- Do not use in dogs weighing less than 5 kg.
- Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to the active substances or to any of the excipients.
- Studies with milbemycin oxime indicate that the margin of safety in certain dogs of Collie, or related breeds, is less than in other breeds. In these dogs, the recommended dose should be strictly observed.
- In heartworm risk-areas, or in cases where it is known that a dog has been travelling to and from heartworm risk regions, before using Milbemax, a veterinary consultation is advised to exclude the presence of any concurrent infestation of Dirofilaria immitis. In the case of a positive diagnosis, adulticidal therapy is indicated before administering the product.
- In dogs less than 4 weeks old, tapeworm infection is unusual.
- Treatment of animals less than 4 weeks old with a combination product may therefore not be necessary.
You should carefully read all product packaging and labels prior to use
Milbemax Dog 5-50kg Tablets - In very rare occasions where the dog is allergic to the ingredients, systemic signs such as muscle tremors, drooling, diarrhoea and anorexia have been observed in dogs after administration of Milbemax.
Milbemax Dog 5-50kg Tablets contain:
Milbemycin oxime and Praziquantel.