Mepore Self-Adhesive Dressing 11x15cm
1 Dressing- 11x15cm
Mepore Self-Adhesive Dressing is an air permeable, self-adhesive dressing ideal for low to moderately exuding wounds. They can be used on surgical wounds, minor burns, cuts, and abrasions. Its skin-friendly, water-based, solvent-free polyacrylate adhesive provides a gentle and secure fixation. Includes 1 Dressing- 11x15cm
Mepore Self-Adhesive Dressing is an air-permeable, self-adhesive dressing that can be used on surgical wounds, cuts, minor burns and abrasions. They are water-based, solvent-free and completely skin-friendly.
Mepore’s Dressing includes a porous structure of a nonwoven fabric that ensures air and water permeability. The fabric is flexible and conforms well to body contours, allowing body movements while in place. The fabric is also non-absorbent and provides a barrier for blood and fluid strike-through. The polyacrylate adhesive has been specially designed to be gentle to the skin but also providing a secure fixation. The wound pad can absorb moderate amounts of wound fluids and the low-adherent wound contact layer reduces the risk of adherence to the wound. The easy-to-remove protection paper permits sterile application, as well as simplifies dressing application.
- Skin-friendly, water-based adhesive low-adherent wound contact layer minimises risk of adherence to the wound.
- Flexible fluid-repellent backing.
- Easy-to-remove protection paper allows for convenient and aseptic application.
- Air permeable, prevents maceration and gives better comfort.
- Rounded corners for secure fixation.
Mepore Self Adhesive Dressing includes 1 dressing, 11 x 15cm.
Directions for the use of Mepore Self-Adhesive Dressing:
The frequency of dressing changes will be governed by the condition of the underlying wound. Upon removal grasp the edge and slowly peel the dressing from the skin in the direction of hair growth.
- Open package and remove the dressing.
- Grip both overlapping release papers, exposing adhesive surface allowing initial fixation of the dressing.
- Position the dressing on the skin without stretching and gently remove the rest of the release papers. Firmly smooth adhesive border to obtain proper adhesion. Do not stretch the dressing when applying.
Areas of use: Mepore can be used in a wide variety of wounds which have low to moderate exudate levels. These include surgical wounds, minor burns, cuts and abrasions.
Caution before using Mepore Self-Adhesive Dressing:
- The manufacturers have identified no absolute contra-indications to the use of Mepore Dressing, but the dressing should not be applied to patients who are known to be sensitive to acrylic adhesives or to individuals who have very fragile or easily damaged skin.
- Mepore should not be applied to patients who are sensitive to acrylic adhesives.
- Care should be taken when applying the dressing that it does not impair the movement or flexibility of joints.
- It should also not be applied under tension to prevent shearing forces causing damage to the skin.
- After some surgical interventions significant swelling can occur. In such instances it may be more appropriate to apply a more flexible product to minimise the possibility of skin trauma.
Excellent value for Mepore Self-Adhesive Dressing which isn`t always readily available in the High Street in the size. Arrived very promptly.
great product as doesn`t stick to the skin and allows healing