250ml (Prescription Only)
To purchase this item, you must have a valid pet prescription.
You need to post your prescription to us before we can send it to you.
Malaseb is for the treatment and control of seborrhoeic dermatitis associated with Malassezia pachydermatis and Staphylococcus intermedius in dogs. Also it can be used for the treatment of ringworm due to Microsporum canis in conjunction with griseofulvin in cats.
Malaseb Shampoo contains antibacterial and antifungal agents to ensure optimal therapeutic effectiveness, specifically for dermatological conditions associated with infections responsive to miconazole nitrate and chlorhexidine gluconate.
For Dogs: Malaseb Shampoo works for the treatment and control of seborrhoeic dermatitis associated with Malassezia pachydermatis and Staphylococcus intermedius in dogs.
For Cats: Malaseb Shampoo works as an aid to control and treat ringworm due to Microsporum canis in the cat in conjunction with griseofulvin.
To purchase this item you must have a valid vet prescription.
Directions for the use of Malaseb Shampoo:
Dogs: Use shampoo twice weekly until the symptoms subside and weekly thereafter. Or use as necessary to keep the condition under control as advised by your veterinary surgeon.
Cats: Use shampoo twice weekly for 6-10 weeks or until coat brushings are negative for the culture of M.canis, whichever is the longer. The maximum length of the treatment period should not exceed 16 weeks.
Advice on correct administration:
- Wet the animal thoroughly with clean water.
- Apply Malaseb shampoo to the animal at several points and massage into the coat, especially around the lips, under the tail and between the toes.
- Make sure sufficient Malaseb shampoo is used to raise a lather.
- Allow the animal to stand for 10 minutes then rinse off with clean water and leave to dry naturally in a warm, draught-free environment.
The bottle contains 8-16 treatments for a 15 kg dog or 5-10 treatments for a 25 kg dog, or 25 cat treatments, depending on coat thickness.
Malaseb Shampoo: Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to the active substances.
- In very rare circumstances, dogs and cats may develop a skin reaction (itching, redness) after treatment.
- If you notice any serious effects or other effects not mentioned in the data sheet, please inform your veterinary surgeon.
- Malaseb shampoo should only be used in conjunction with griseofulvin when treating for ringworm. Shampooing cats may initially increase the recovery of M. canis by brush culture techniques.
Special precautions for use in animals:
- In case of accidental contact with eyes, rinse with plenty of water.
- Do not allow the animal to lick itself during shampooing and rinsing, or before it is dried.
- Take care to avoid the animal inhaling the product or getting it into the nose or mouth during shampooing.
- Puppies or kittens should not come into contact with nursing females after treatment, until the coat has dried.
Malaseb Shampoo contains:
2 % w/v chlorhexidine gluconate PhEur and 2 % w/v miconazole nitrate PhEur. Excipients: methylchloroisothiazolinone 0.075 % w/v and methylisothiazolinone 0.025 % w/v.
My dog had been really suffering with her skin, scratching until she looked like raw meat. Vet prescribed this, it`s a 1st class product, really, really helped. I would recomend Malaseb Shampoo for dogs with problem skin.