Lyclear Dermal Cream is an effective treatment for Scabies and Genital Lice (Crabs). It contains Permethrin 5%, a chemical with a broad range of insecticidal properties. It helps to treat and prevent pubic lice and scabies that can cause irritation, itching, burning, and discomfort.
Permethrin belongs to a group of medicines called the pyrethroids, which are anti-parasitic agents. It works by binding to a particular site (sodium channels) on nerve endings. This leads to a complex series of reactions, leading to paralysis of the nervous system, inhibition of metabolism ,and ultimately death of the insect.
How to use Lyclear Dermal Cream Permethrin 5% W/W:
Lyclear Dermal Cream is for external use only.
- Avoid contact with the eyes. In the event of eye contamination, rinse with water immediately. Ensure the skin is clean, dry and cool. Do not take a hot bath immediately before treatment. The cream rubs easily into the skin. You do not need to keep applying more cream until it can be seen on the surface of the skin. If the contents of the tube are swallowed by a child, talk to your doctor immediately. If too much cream is applied, it should be washed off with soap and warm water. If there are any signs of irritation, talk to your doctor.
- Usually a single application clears the infestation. If you are in doubt about the success of treatment, talk to your doctor.
Treatment of scabies:
- Adults and children over 2 years old should apply the cream to the skin over the whole body including the palms and soles, but not the head and face. Pay particular attention to the areas between the fingers and toes (including under the finger and toe nails), wrists, arm-pits, external genitals and buttocks.
- Babies and children under 2 years old should be treated as above and also have their necks, faces, ears and scalps treated. Avoid the area around the mouth (as the cream could be licked off) and around the eyes. Children between 2 months and 2 years should only be treated under medical supervision.
- Elderly (over 65 years old) should apply as directed for adults and children over 2 years old but should also include their necks, faces, ears and scalps. Care must be taken to avoid applying the Cream to areas close to the eyes.
The cream should be left on for at least 8 hours then washed off with soap and water not more than 12 hours later.
Re-apply the Cream to hands if they are washed with soap and water within 8 hours of treatment.
Warnings when using Lyclear Dermal Cream Permethrin 5% W/W:
- Permethrin Cream is for external use only and should be kept out of reach of children.
- Permethrin is not an eye irritant but contact with the eyes should be avoided because the cream itself may cause marked irritation; however, in the event of inadvertent eye contamination, the affected area should be rinsed immediately with plenty of water or, if readily available, normal saline.
- Nursing staff who routinely apply Permethrin Cream may wish to wear gloves to avoid any possible irritation to the hands.
- There is an increasing body of data specifically relating to the use of Permethrin Cream for the treatment of scabies in the elderly and in view of these data it is considered that there is no need for any special precautions for use in this age group.
You should carefully read all product packaging and labels prior to use
When you order this item it is subject to review and approval by one of our pharmacists. Our pharmacists may remove an item from your order if they feel it isn't suitable for you, or in order to comply with UK legislation.
Lyclear Dermal Cream Permethrin 5% W/W - No interactions are known. The treatment of eczematous-like reactions with corticosteroids should be withheld prior to treatment with the Cream, as there is a risk of exacerbating the scabies infestation by reducing the immune response to the mite. The likelihood of interactions between the two treatments leading to potentiated adverse reactions or reduced efficacy is, however, small.
Oct 07, 2014
after applying full 2 tubes after specialist recommendation and following guidelines i found the symptoms absolutely clear! no more ras! no more itching! god bless!
View more reviews for Lyclear Dermal Cream Permethrin 5% W/W
Nov 11, 2012
Work wells but is expensive. Tried also another one and this one was more effective