Ibuprofen 100mg/5ml Suspension For Children
Save over Ã‚Â£2.50 on high street chemist prices with this Ibuprofen 100mg Suspension For Children, suitable for children aged between 3 months to 9 years. It provides fast, effective reduction in your child's temperature (including fever caused by immunisation).
Ibuprofen Suspension for Children contains the active ingredient ibuprofen, which is a proven anti-inflammatory pain killer that provides effective relief for high temperatures, pain and swelling.
Does your medication provide the same effect as the branded version?
Absolutely. When a pharmaceutical company develops a drug it is given unique rights to sell it for a number of years. Once that ends, any company can make it, providing they meet the regulations. Therefore, over the counter drugs have identical medical properties regardless of brand, packaging and advertising.
The key is the ‘active' ingredient - the chemical that actually treats the symptom. Protections and quality control apply equally to all branded and non-branded products. The non-branded product must meet the same quality standards as the branded version. Packaging may vary, but the items are identical and the results will be the same.
Dr. Chris Steele GP, the resident Doctor on ITV1's This Morning agrees:
“The key is the active ingredient. Look on the brand you know, note the active ingredient and then check it's the same one at the same dose as the generic brand."
Directions for taking Ibuprofen Suspension for Children:
For fever and pain:
- This medicine is for short term use only. If your child's symptoms persist for more than 3 days consult your doctor.
- Only give this product to a baby under 6 months old if your doctor tells you to
- Babies 6-12 months: Give 2.5ml three to four times in 24 hours.
- Children 1-3 years: Give 5ml three times in 24 hours.
- Children 4-6 years: Give 7.5ml (5ml 2.5ml) three times in 24 hours.
- Children 7-9 years: Give 10ml three times in 24 hours.
- Children 10-12 years: Give 15ml three times in 24 hours.
Fever caused by immunisation:
- Only give this product to a baby under 6 months old if your doctor tells you to. Give 2.5ml, and if necessary, a further 2.5ml 6 hours later.
- Do not give more than 5ml in 24 hours.
- If the fever is not reduced, do not give a third dose - consult your doctor.
Caution before giving Ibuprofen 100mg Suspension for Children:
Do not give to babies or children who:
- Have had stomach ulcers or other serious stomach disorders
- Suffer a worsening of asthma, runny noses or hives due to aspirin or other similar medicines
- Are sensitive to any of the ingredients.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before giving Ibuprofen suspension to your child if they/you:
- Have asthma or have suffered from asthma
- Have kidney, heart or liver problems
- Is allergic to aspirin
- Has inherited problems coping with fructose/fruit sugar (hereditary fructose intolerance). This is because the body can make some fructose from the ingredient maltitol
- Still has, after immunisation, a high temperature which you think might require a third dose of the medicine
Also talk to your doctor before use if your child is taking any other medicines or treatment, particularly:
- Other pain relievers or other NSAIDs such as ibuprofen or aspirin
- Medicines for high blood pressure and water tablets (diuretics)
- Medicines for thinning the blood (anti-coagulants)
- Lithium (used to treat depression)
What to do if you give too much?
Problems in overdose are rare, but if you accidentally give more than the recommended dose contact your doctor straight away.
Each 5ml of Ibuprofen 100mg Suspension for Children contains:
The active ingredient Ibuprofen Ph Eur. 100mg