Hydrocortisone Cream 1%
Hydrocortisone Cream 1% effectively treats itchy, irritated or inflamed skin caused by insect bites, mild to moderate eczema and contact or allergic dermatitis. Hydrocortisone belongs to a group of medicines called topical corticosteroids. These work by calming the inflammation that occurs during certain skin conditions or reactions.
Hydrocortisone Cream belongs to a group of medicines named topical cortiscosteroids that work by calming inflammation that occurs from skin conditions and reactions. In order to calm the inflammation, the cream alters the body’s responses to inflammatory reactions, therefore reducing swelling, redness and itching. Hydrocortisone Cream alleviates itching and irritation for up to 12 hours and promotes the healing of insect bites, mild to moderate eczema, detergent hands, nickel allergies, plant allergies, strong detergent chemical reactions and dermatitis.
Directions for using Hydrocortisone 1% Cream:
- Use sparingly on small areas, once or twice a day for a maximum of 7 days.
Caution before using Hydrocortisone Cream 1%:
- Do not use on eyes or face, anal or genital areas, or on broken or infected skin; e.g. impetigo, cold sores, acne or athletes foot.
- Do not use in pregnancy or on children under 10 without medical advice.
- If the condition does not improve, or anything unusual happens, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects when using Hydrocortisone Cream 1%:
Most people find using this cream causes no problems when used in the right amount for the correct length of time. If you find your condition gets worse during treatment you may be allergic to the cream or have a skin infection. Stop using the cream and tell your doctor as soon as possible.
Using more than the correct amount may:
- Thin the skin so that it damages easily
- Allow the active ingredient to pass through the skin and affect other parts of the body
- In very rare cases, a change in the colour of the skin, or increased growth of hair in areas where the cream is used have been reported.
- If you feel unwell or have any unusual discomfort you do not understand, tell your doctor as soon as possible.
Hydrocortisone Cream contains:
Active ingredient: Hydrocortisone 1% w/w
Ideal for bites and any dry itchy skin. You don`t need a lot. Eases itching.
I`ve been using this product for a while now and it`s excellent at reducing swelling and itching.Not much more to say than that!