Fucidin Cream 15g
15G (Prescription Only)
To purchase this item, you must have a valid prescription.
You need to post your prescription to us before we can send it to you.
Fucidin Cream 15g contains fusidic acid which is a type of antibiotic. Fucidin Cream works by killing the germs (bacteria) that cause infections. It can be used as a treatment for infections such as impetigo, whitlow and inflammation of hair follicles. It is also used to treat eczema or dermatitis that has become infected.
Fucidin Cream 15g contains the active ingredient fusidic acid, which is an antibacterial agent used to treat a number of bacterial skin infections.
How does it work?
It works in the bacterial cell by preventing the production of essential proteins necessary for the growth and survival of the bacteria. It is effective against several bacterial species and used in the treatment of infections such as impetigo (characterised by blistering and yellowish-brown crusting of the skin), whitlow (paronchya) and inflammation of hair follicles (sycosis). It is also used to treat eczema or dermatitis that has become infected (secondary infections).
Fucidin Cream is used to treat conditions where the skin is infected by germs (bacteria), such as:
- Impetigo (a weeping, crusty and swollen patch of skin)
- Infected dermatitis (inflammation of the skin) and spots
- Infected cuts and grazes.
Fucidin Cream 15g - Always use Fucidin Cream exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
How to put on Fucidin Cream
- Always wash your hands before using Fucidin Cream.
- Rub the medicine gently on the skin.
- If you use it on your face be careful to avoid your eyes.
- Unless you are using the cream to treat your hands, always wash your hands after using Fucidin Cream.
How much Fucidin Cream to use
Your doctor will tell you how much Fucidin Cream to use. Usually, you should use this medicine three or four times each day. If you have been told to cover the skin with any dressings or bandages you may not need to use the medicine so often. A nappy on a baby may act as a dressing. Follow the advice of your doctor.
If you forget to use Fucidin Cream
If you forget to use this medicine, use it as soon as you remember. Then next use this medicine at the usual time. If you have any further questions about using this medicine, please ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Fucidin Cream 15g:
Do not use Fucidin Cream
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to fusidic acid.
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to any of the other ingredients in your medicine. You can find a list of these ingredients in section 6 of this leaflet.
Take special care with Fucidin Cream
- Take special care if you are going to use this medicine near your eyes or the eyes of a child.
- If you use the cream over a long time or in large amounts it may make the chance of
- getting any side effects higher. Also your skin may get more sensitive to this medicine.
Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, or have recently taken any other medicines. This includes any medicines which you have bought without a prescription.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
Please ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using Fucidin Cream:
- If you are pregnant, or think you are pregnant. You must not use your medicine for a long time or in large amounts. You must ask your doctor for advice.
- If you are breast-feeding.
Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while using this medicine.
Driving and using machines
Usually your medicine will have very little effect on your ability to drive or use machines. Check with your doctor if you feel any side effect that may stop you from driving or using machines.
I have used this cream to treat outbreaks of impetigo for over 10 years and it has always been the most effective remedy. I have now discovered that I can use it on infected dermatitis too so this really is a wonder cream!