Fleet Ready To Use Enema
Fleet Ready To Use Enema is a bowel cleanser that acts by increasing the water content of your stools, and in this way it helps to relieve constipation and clear the bowel. It can be used in the relief of occasional constipation and where bowel cleansing is required, such as prior to a endoscopy, bowel surgery or an X-ray examination.
Fleet Ready To Use Enema is for the relief of occasional constipation. Constipation generally occurs if you have three or fewer bowel movements each week, and your stools are hard, dry, and difficult to pass. In this situation, Fleet Enema can provide help and relief.
How does Fleet Enema work?
Fleet Enema is a saline laxative. Saline laxatives work by drawing water into the colon which helps produce a bowel movement. This provides a soft stool mass and increased bowel action. A bowel movement should be stimulated in 1 to 5 minutes, without pain or spasm. Fleet Enema is also ideal for bowel cleansing before undergoing a rectal examination. Plus, it's latex-free.
Fleet Enema comes in a ready-to-use, disposable squeeze bottle with a soft, pre-lubricated Comfort tip.
What would you use it for?
- Relief of occasional constipation.
- Where bowel cleansing is required, for a endoscopy, bowel surgery or an X-ray examination.
How to use Fleet Ready To Use Enema:
- Adults, Elderly and Children over 12 years old: 1 bottle (118ml delivered dose) no more than once.
- Children aged 3 years to less than 12 years: As directed by a physician.
- Do not administer to children less than 3 years of age
Method of administration for rectal use only:
- Lie on left side with both knees bent, arms at rest.
- Remove orange protective shield.
- With steady pressure, gently insert enema Comfortip into anus with nozzle pointing towards navel.
- Squeeze bottle until nearly all liquid is expelled.
- Discontinue use if resistance is encountered.
- Forcing the enema can result in injury.
- Return enema to carton for disposal.
- Generally, 2 to 5 minutes are sufficient to obtain the desired effect.
- If delayed discontinue further use and consult a physician
- For occasional constipation rectal enemas are to be used to provide short-term relief only.
Caution before using Fleet Ready To Use Enema:
- Do not use Fleet Ready-to-use enema when nausea, vomiting or abdominal pain is present unless directed by a physician.
- Patients should be advised to expect liquid stools and should be encouraged to drink clear liquids to help prevent dehydration
- This product should be used with caution in patients with abnormal renal function. Where the clinical benefit is expected to outweigh the risk of hyperphosphataemia
- Repeated and prolonged use of Fleet Ready-to-Use Enema is not recommended as it may cause habituation. Unless directed by a physician, Fleet Ready-to-use enema should not be used for more than two weeks.
- Rectal bleeding or failure in bowel evacuation after using Fleet Ready-to-Use Enema (evacuation occurs within 5 minutes of administration) may indicate a serious condition. No further administrations should be given and the condition of the patient should be assessed by a physician.
- Fleet Ready-to-Use Enema should be administered following the instructions for use and handling. Patients should be warned to stop administration if resistance is felt because forced administration may cause local damage.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children
- You should carefully read all product packaging and labels prior to use
Side effects of Fleet Ready To Use Enema:
Use with caution in patients taking calcium channel blockers, diuretics, lithium treatment or other medications that might affect electrolyte levels as hyperphosphataemia, hypocalcaemia, hypokalaemia, hypernatraemic dehydration and acidosis may occur.
Fleet Ready To Use Enema - Use with caution in patients taking calcium channel blockers, diuretics, lithium treatment or other medications that might affect electrolyte levels as hyperphosphataemia, hypocalcaemia, hypokalaemia, hypernatraemic dehydration and acidosis may occur.
Fleet Ready To Use Enema contains:
Sodium Dihydrogen Phosphate Dihydrate 18.1% w/v, Disodium Phosphate Dodecahydrate 8.0% w/v
The delivered dose contains 4.4 g of sodium
Disodium Edetate, Benzalkonium Chloride, Purified water
Nozzle lubricant : white soft paraffin
exellent I have lived with cronic constipation all my life this is fantastic wouldnt be without spares
I am severely constipated and this is often my saviour. It works most of the time