Eumovate Eczema & Dermatitis Cream
30G (Prescription Only)
To purchase this item, you must have a valid prescription.
You need to post your prescription to us before we can send it to you.
When your eczema or dermatitis flares up, the constant cycle of itching and scratching can leave you feeling extremely frustrated. Thats where Eumovate Eczema & Dermatitis Cream can help. Nothing is more effective at relieving the discomfort of itchy, red, dry skin - in fact 9 out of 10 users with eczema or dermatitis would recommend it to a friend. Eumovate helps clear skin flare-up in as little as 5 days.Nothing is more effective without prescription at relieving the discomfort of itchy, red, dry skin - in fact 9 out of 10 users with eczema or dermatitis would recommend it to a friend.Thats where Eumovate Eczema & Dermatitis Cream can help.Nothing is more effective without prescription at relieving the discomfort of itchy, red, dry skin - in fact 9 out of 10 users with eczema or dermatitis would recommend it to a friend.
Eumovate Eczema & Dermatitis Cream - The cream contains the active ingredient clobetasone butyrate. Clobetasone is a synthetic corticosteroid and is used to decrease inflammation in the skin.How does Eumovate Eczema & Dermatitis Cream work?
When your skin becomes irritated, chemicals in the skin cells are released which cause the blood vessels to widen and make the skin red and itchy. Eumovate Eczema & Dermatitis Cream stops the release of these chemicals, actively soothing and treating the inflammation, and can help to break the itch-scratch cycle in just 3 days.
The active ingredient is clobetasone butyrate, which doctors and specialists have prescribed for over 25 years.Defining eczema and dermatitis
'Eczema' and 'dermatitis' have similar symptoms characterised by skin flare-up, in which the skin becomes itchy, red and dry. The underlying cause of this is an excessive reaction by the immune system which:
- Causes blood vessels to swell, leading to redness
- Irritates nerve endings, causing itchiness
- Makes skin cells 'leak', resulting in skin swelling and dryness.
In the UK, around 1 in 12 adults suffer from eczema. Sufferers may experience 3-4 episodes per year, lasting on average 28 days (if left untreated), and although it may look unpleasant, eczema/dermatitis is not contagious. Measures can be taken to reduce the frequency and severity of flare-ups, but the skin will always need extra care
Eumovate is used to:
- An eruption of hard nodules in the skin accompanied by intense itching (prurigo nodularis)
Inflammation and infection of the outer part of the ear canal (otitis externa)
Inflammation of the skin (dermatitis)
Inflammation of the skin caused by ultra violet light (photodermatitis)
Inflammation of the skin in skin folds or areas where skin surfaces rub together (intertrigo)
Inflammatory skin condition with greasy, red and scaly areas (seborrhoeic dermatitis)
Reactions to insect bites and stings
Skin inflammation due to allergies or irritants (allergic or irritant dermatitis)
Eumovate Eczema & Dermatitis Cream - Always use Eumovate exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with yourdoctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Using this medicine:
- You usually apply Eumovate up to 4 times a day. This may be reduced as your skin begins to get better
Guidance on how to apply the cream:
1. Wash your hands.
2. Gently rub the correct amount of cream into the skin until it has all disappeared. You can measure how much Eumovate to use with your fingertip.
3. Unless you are meant to apply the cream to your hands as a part of the treatment, washthem again after using the cream.
For an adult you should find that:
- two fingertips of cream will cover both hands or one foot
- three fingertips of cream will cover one arm
- six fingertips of cream will cover one leg
- fourteen fingertips of cream will cover the front and back of the body.
Do not worry if you find you need a little more or a little less than this. It is only a rough guide.
For a child:
- The smaller the child the less you will needto use.
- A child of 4 years needs about a third of the adult amount.
- A course of treatment for a child should not normally last more than 7 days - unless yourdoctor has told you to use it for longer.
If you apply Eumovate to your face:
You should only apply the cream to your face if your doctor tells you to. The cream should notbe used for too long as the skin on your face thins easily. Do not let the cream get into your eyes.
To treat any of the following skin problems, it could make them worse:
- viral infections, such as cold sores, herpes or chicken pox
- fungal infections, such as ringworm, athletes foot or thrush
- skin blisters or sores that are caused by an infection.
- you are applying the cream under an airtight dressing, including a child’s nappy. These dressings make it easier for the active ingredient to pass through the skin. It is possible to accidentally end up using too much cream.
- you have psoriasis, your doctor will want to see you more often.
Eumovate Eczema & Dermatitis Cream - Like all medicines, Eumovate can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Stop using Eumovate and tell your doctor as soon as possible if:
- You find that your skin condition gets worse or becomes swollen during treatment. You may be allergic to the cream, have an infection or need other treatment.
- You have psoriasis you may get raised bumps with pus under the skin. This can happen during or after treatment and is known as pustular psoriasis.
Other side effects you may notice when using Eumovate include:
- A feeling of burning, irritation or itching where the cream is applied.
Other very rare side effects if you use Eumovate for a long time, you use a lot each time you apply it, or you apply it under an airtight dressing or a nappy.
- Increased hair growth and changes in skin colour
- Thinning of your skin and it may also damage more easily
- Weight gain, rounding of the face and high blood pressure. These are more likely to happen in infants and children.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Active ingredient:Clobetasone butyrate 0.05% w/w.
Other ingredients:Glycerol, Glycerol monostearate, Cetostearyl alcohol, Beeswax substitute 6621, Arlacel 165, Dimethicone 20, Chlorocresol, Sodium citrate, Citric acid monohydrate and Purified water.