Dermatix Silicone Gel is a transparent, self-drying silicone gel with unique advantages over other silicone formulations. It is effective for the management and prevention of hypertrophic and keloid scars.
Dermatix Silicone Gel is a transparent, self-drying topical Silicone Gel that maintains the skin's moisture balance, while helping to manage scarred skin surfaces that have occurred from surgery, burns and other injuries. Dermatix has been shown to flatten, soften and smooth scars, relieve the itching and discomfort of scars as well as reduce the discolouration associated with scars.
Dermatix gel is easily applied to all areas of the skin, including the face, joints and flexures, and dries rapidly to form an invisible "sheet". Dermatix was developed using the same basic long chain polymers as topical silicone gel sheeting, but it is available in a tube. It contains polysiloxane, silicon dioxide. The gel is supplied in tubes of 15g.
What is Dermatix gel used for?
Dermatix is used for the management of scars after the wound has healed and the skin surface is intact, and in the prevention of scar development in the form of keloids and hypertrophic scars resulting from general surgical procedures, trauma wounds and burns.
The benefits of Dermatix Silicone Gel:
- Fast drying, convenient and easy to use
- Transparent and discreet
- Indicated for use on sensitive skin, children and patients at high risk of scarring
- Maintains the skin’s moisture balance
- Provides elastic protection to the skin
- Ideal for most parts of the skin, including the face and joints
- No maceration
For which types of scars is Dermatix suitable?
Dermatix visibly improves established and new scars on the face and body, including hypertrophic and keloid scars.
Can I use Dermatix to help avoid scars?
If the skin has been ruptured you cannot avoid a scar, but you can make it less visible. You must only start Dermatix when the wound has completely healed.
What will Dermatix do to improve my scars?
Dermatix is clinically proven to improve scars. Dermatix has been shown to soften, flatten and smooth scars, and to relieve the itching and discomfort associated with them. Silicone products, like Dermatix can significantly reduce the visibility of your scar.
How long will I need to use Dermatix before I can see a difference in my scar?
An early benefit of Dermatix is usually seen within 4–5 weeks of usage, you will notice an improvement in the itching and discomfort of the scar, but generally a significant improvement in appearance will not be seen until a minimum of 2 months of continuous use. Dermatix will not work overnight.
How long should I use Dermatix for?
Studies have shown that silicone works most effectively if it is in constant contact with the scar – so be sure to use the gel morning and night as part of your daily routine, or the sheets up to 23 hours a day, for a minimum of two months. Further benefits may result from extended use.
Can Dermatix be used on sensitive skin, children, darker skinned people and pregnant women?
How is Dermatix different from other scar treatment products?
Dermatix is effective, clinically tested and proven, convenient, painless and can be used on all skin types as well as on and around joints and bony areas. There is no drug in Dermatix.
How else can I take care of my scar?
Scars, especially fresh ones, should not be exposed to extremes of temperature (intense sunshine, sunbeds, saunas and extreme cold). Tight clothing should also be avoided, in case it irritates or injures the scar tissue. Care should be taken during stretching and strengthening exercises because the skin, which has already been damaged, is extremely sensitive.
How should Dermatix Silicone Gel be used?
Dermatix must not be used on broken skin. Be careful if applying Dermatix around your eyelids to avoid contact with the eye. The gel should be applied in a very thin layer to the affected area twice daily following the instructions below:
- Clean the area to be treated with mild soap and water, pat dry
- Gently spread a very thin coat over the affected site.
- Allow to air dry for 4-5 minutes before covering with clothing or make up
- (Please be aware that Dermatix may stain clothing if it is not completely dry)
- If Dermatix has not dried within 4-5 minutes you have used too much, remove the excess and allow the drying process to continue. Cosmetics can be applied over Dermatix following complete drying. Dermatix can also be used on children.
- The recommended minimum duration of use is 2 months. Further benefits may result from extended use.
When should Dermatix Silicone Gel not be used?
- Dermatix should not be applied to open or fresh wound
- Dermatix should not be placed in contact with mucous membranes or applied too close to the eyes
- Dermatix should not be applied over antibiotic skin preparations or other skin treatments and/or products.
- Dermatix should be applied to clean, dry skin only.
How should Dermatix be stored?
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep gel away from the heat
- Store below 25°C
- Do not use after the expiry date (EXP) printed on the pack
Dermatix Silicone Gel contains:
Polysiloxane, Silicon Dioxide
I used this gel on a small but deep burn on my arm, after just over two months of use I can now only see the scar if i really look. I would recommend this product to anyone who has fresh scars.
Dermatix Silicone Gel is working and most of all much cheaper than in Sweden.