Covonia Mentholated Cough Mixture helps relieve congestion and irritation. The expectorant helps to remove phlegm and works as a demulcent.
1. My Covonia Mentholated Cough Mixture sometimes tastes very strong (stronger than usual). Why?
This is a common query from regular Covonia users. The most likely explanation for this experience is that the bottle was not adequately shaken. Some of the natural oils used in the formulation tend to separate to the surface when the bottle is at rest and therefore the product carries the instruction to “shake the bottle vigorously” before use.
2. Can children use Covonia Mentholated cough mixture?
Covonia Mentholated Cough Mixture can be taken by children aged 5 years and upwards. Please read the recommended dose on the back label of the bottle.
3. Will Covonia Mentholated Cough Mixture make me drowsy?
No. Covonia Mentholated Cough Mixture works without causing drowsiness
4. How Does Covonia Mentholated Cough mixture work?
Covonia Mentholated Cough Mixture provides symptomatic relief of chesty coughs and sore throats. Liquorice and Squill belong to a group of medicines known as expectorants. They help remove phlegm in people with chesty coughs. Menthol also acts to relieve congestion associated with chesty coughs and bronchitis.
5. Can I use Covonia Mentholated Cough mixture if I’m pregnant or breastfeeding?
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before use if pregnant or breastfeeding.
6. Does Covonia Mentholated Cough mixture contain sugar?
The product contains glucose and sucrose. This should be taken into account if you have diabetes.
7. Does Covonia Mentholated Cough mixture contain alcohol?
The medicine contains 7.7% vol ethanol (alcohol), i.e. up to 600mg per 10ml dose, equivalent to 15ml of beer or 6ml of wine per maximum dose.
8. Does Covonia Mentholated Cough mixture come in different sizes?
Yes. The medicine is available in 50ml, 150ml and 300ml sizes.