Co-codamol 8/500mg Tablets
Save over 4 on high street chemist prices with Co-codamol 8/500mg Tablets. They are ideal for the relief of headaches, (including migraine), neuralgia, toothache, rheumatic and period pains, sore throat and the fever, aches and pains of cold and flu.
Co-codamol is a type of painkiller referred to as an analgesic. It helps to relieve mild to moderate pain, and reduce body temperature. Co-codamol 8/500mg Tablets contains the same active ingredient (500mg of paracetomol and 8mg of codeine phosphate) as Solpadeine tablets which retail for £5.05 in chemists and supermarkets.
What does Paracetamol do?
Paracetamol is a simple painkilling medicine used to relieve mild to moderate pain. Paracetamol increases our pain threshold, so that although the cause of the pain remains, we can feel it less.
What does Codeine do?
Codeine is a stronger painkiller known as an opioid. Opioid painkillers work by mimicking the action of naturally occurring pain-reducing chemicals called endorphins. Endorphins are found in the brain and spinal cord and reduce pain by combining with opioid receptors. Therefore, even though the cause of the pain may remain, less pain is actually felt.
How can you sell this item for so much less than my local chemist?
We keep our overheads to a minimum, ensure the margins added are fair and work on larger sale volumes than a local chemist. All these measures provide major cost saving benefits to the consumer. Our prices on this medication are based on the non-branded version of Solpadeine. Solpadeine's active ingredient is Co-codamol which actually provides the desired effects.
Does your medication give me the same effect as the branded version?
Absolutely. When a pharmaceutical company develops a drug it is given unique rights to sell it for a number of years. Once that ends any company can make it providing they meet the regulations. Therefore, over the counter drugs have identical medical properties regardless of brand, packaging and advertising.
The key is the ‘active' ingredient - the chemical that actually treats the symptom. Protections and quality control apply equally to all branded and non-branded products. The non-branded product must meet the same quality standards as the branded version. Packaging may vary, but the items are identical and the results will be the same.
How to take Co-codamol 8/500mg Tablets:
- Adults: 1-2 tablets, which may be repeated every 4-6 hours. Do not take more than 8 tablets in any 24 hour period.
- Children (6-12 years): half - 1 tablet. Do not give your child more than 4 doses in any 24 hour period.
- If you are elderly and have a damaged liver your doctor will usually prescribe you a lower dose.
- Do not give to children under 6 years unless your doctor has told you to.
Caution before taking Co-codamol 8/500mg Tablets:
Check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking Co-codamol tablets if you:
- Are pregnant, plan to become pregnant or are breast feeding
- Suffer from asthma or allergies
- Have liver problems including alcoholic liver disease
- Have kidney or adrenal glands problems (Addison’s disease or phaeochromocytoma)
- Have inflammatory bowel disease, gall bladder disease or gall stones
- Have had recent gastro-intestinal surgery or surgery on your urinary system
- Are male and have difficulty urinating
- Have epilepsy or head injury
- Have an underactive thyroid gland
- Have myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness)
- Have low blood pressure, are dehydrated or have lost a lot of fluid (shock)
- Have ever suffered from alcoholism, drug abuse or dependence or mental illness
Possible side effects whilst taking Co-codamol 8/500mg Tablets include:
- Allergic Reactions - runny nose, rash, skin rash or itchy skin, swelling, difficulty breathing, worsening of asthma, increased sweating, redness or flushed face, drug fever, heart inflammation and severe or sudden kidney failure.
- Effects on the gastrointestinal system - stomach irritation (mild stomach pain, heartburn and feeling sick), constipation, feeling or being sick, loss of appetite, dry mouth, difficulty in passage of food through guts, abdominal pain (may be caused by spasm of the bile ducts) and inflammation of the liver or pancreas.
- Effects on the heart – inflammation of the heart, slow heart rate, palpitations, low blood pressure. You should consult your doctor if these are troublesome or continue.
- Do not be alarmed, most people experience few problems when taking this medicine.
- If you are concerned about any of these effects or get any other unusual effects, tell your doctor immediately.
Each Co-codamol 8/500mg Tablet contains:
500mg of paracetomol and 8mg of codeine phosphate
I use these rarely when my back is playing up and have noticed that a local independent pharmacy sells for Â£1.15, but Lloyds charge over Â£2!Thanks for the great bargain CD - I`ll be back soon for more of these and your other great products!
Cheaper than in my local chemist, works well on moderate pain.