Cetraben Emollient Cream Pump Dispenser
Cetraben Emollient Cream Pump Dispenser is an emollient moisturising and protective cream for symptomatic relief of red, inflamed, damaged, dry, or chapped skin, especially when associated with eczema.
Cetraben Emollient Cream Pump Dispenser is made from a mixture of white soft paraffin and liquid paraffin with water, to produce a soft thick moisturiser. It works by providing a layer of oil on the skins surface to prevent water evaporating from it. Moisturisers are helpful for all dry skin conditions, particularly eczema and dermatitis, which get worse when the skin is allowed to dry out. Used regularly they help restore the skin's smoothness, softness and flexibility by helping the skin retain moisture. They should be applied frequently to prevent the skin drying out. In conditions such as eczema, using a moisturiser regularly, even once the skin has improved, can help prevent flare-ups of this condition.Cetraben Cream also contains glycerin, which is absorbed into the skin where it attracts water to itself, helping to retain water in the skin surface. Used every day, emollients may be all you need to keep mild to moderate eczema under control.Emollients
- Emollients are non-cosmetic moisturisers which come in the form of creams, ointments, lotions and gels. Emollients help skin to feel more comfortable and less itchy. They keep the skin moist and flexible, helping to prevent cracks.
- Creams contain a mixture of fat and water and feel light and cool to the skin. For this reason many people with eczema prefer creams for day time use. All creams contain preservatives and people can become sensitive to them, although this is not common.
How are emollients applied and when?
- Apply emollients after bathing, while water is still trapped in the skin for extra hydration.
- Use liberally and frequently at least three times a day.
- Apply gently in the direction of the hair growth. Never rub up and down vigorously as this could trigger itching, block hair follicles or create more heat in the skin
- Continue to use the emollient, even when the eczema has improved as this will help prevent flare ups.
How to apply Cetraben Emollient Cream Pump Dispenser:
Apply to dry skin areas as often as required and rub in.
Caution before using Cetraben Emollient Cream Pump Dispenser:
Do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. Mild skin reactions, such as redness and rash, have been seen very rarely, should this occur, use of the product should be stopped. In the unlikely event of side-effects, you should talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Cetraben Emollient Cream contains active ingredients:
White Soft Paraffin BP 13.2% w/w, Light Liquid Paraffin Ph Eur 10.5% w/w. Also contains Emulsifying wax BP, Cetyl Stearyl Alcohol BP, Glycerin BP, Butylparaben, Methylparaben (E218), Ethylparaben (E214), Propylparaben (E216), Phenoxyethanol BP, Citric Acid, Purified Water.
thank for this cream . it really help my ezema . It is very effective and healed both of my palms which I have suffered for almoat 5 years. thank and I really appreciated so much
For years it has been my favourite moisturising cream for my cronic eczema. Very easy and convenient to apply, doesn`t sting on open patches and no irritating parfumed smell!