Top Tips for Quitting
- Quit with a friend – You can motivate each other, support each other through the tough times and know that you’re not in it alone.
- Use the money you save on cigarettes to treat yourself – Calculate how much money you’ll save by cutting out cigarettes and start planning what you could spend it on! A fun day out, a new wardrobe or even a holiday!
- Build your support network – Your friends & family understand that quitting is a real challenge and requires shed-loads of willpower, so let them know about your decision and they can help keep you on track.
- Break the routine with a change of scene – When you have a social routine that involves smoking, it can be tough to still hang out with the same people in the same places and resist lighting up. Why not suggest a change of scene, to help you break that routine?
- Exercise can help you relax, so get outdoors! – Doing something active like hiking, running or swimming could help take your mind off your cravings and may help relieve withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety & low mood.
- Identify your craving triggers – Drinking alcohol is one of the most common craving triggers, so try drink less when you first give up. Make a list of five minute strategies of things to do when a craving hits.
- Try Nicotine Replacement Therapy – NICORETTE® offer a range of NRT products which can help tackle cigarette cravings making you more likely to succeed in your quit journey.
- Make a plan – Setting a date and selecting your support tools will help you feel more prepared for your quit journey.
Nicorette contains nicotine. Stop smoking aid. Requires willpower. Always read the label.