Amoxicillin Capsule 500mg
To purchase this item, you must have a valid prescription.
You need to post your prescription to us before we can send it to you.
Amoxicillin Capsule 500mg is a antibiotic that treats a wide variety of commonly infections. Amoxicillin may also treat infections of the upper or lower airways, skin or soft tissue, or ears. It may also be used to treat urine infections, certain sexually-transmitted infections, dental infections, and infections affecting the blood or internal organs.
Amoxicillin Capsule 500mg - Amoxicillin belongs to a group of antibiotics called penicillins. It is used to treat infections caused by bacteria.
Amoxicillin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that kills a wide variety of bacteria that cause a wide variety of commonly-occuring infections. Amoxicillin may be used to treat infections of the upper or lower airways, skin or soft tissue, or ears. It may also be used to treat urine infections, certain sexually-transmitted infections, dental infections, and infections affecting the blood or internal organs.
What does it treat?
- Bacterial infections of the lungs (chest or lower respiratory tract), eg acute and chronic bronchitis, pneumonia.
- Bacterial infection of the nasal passages, sinuses or throat (upper respiratory tract infection), eg sinusitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, tonsillitis.
- Bacterial infections of the middle ear (otitis media).
- Bacterial infections of the urinary tract or kidneys (pyelonephritis).
- Bacterial infections of skin or soft tissue, eg boils, abscesses, cellulitis, impetigo.
- Gynaecological bacterial infections, including those following childbirth or abortion.
- Abdominal bacterial infections (peritonitis).
- Bacterial infections of the blood (septicaemia or blood poisoning).
- Bacterial infection of the heart valves and the lining surrounding the heart (bacterial endocarditis).
- Preventing infection of the heart (bacterial endocarditis) during medical or dental procedures in people with heart valve defects or artificial heart valves.
- Dental abscess (as addition to surgical management).
- Typhoid and paratyphoid fever.
- Lyme disease (unlicensed use).
- Eradicating Helicobacteria pylori bacteria in the gut that are associated with causing peptic ulcers (in combination with other medicines).
Amoxicillin Capsule 500mg -Route of administration: Oral
Adults and children over 10 years: 250mg every 8 hours, increasing to 500mg every 8 hours in severe infections.
Children up to 10 years of age: 125mg every 8 hours, increasing to 250mg every 8 hours in severe infections.
Amoxicillin Capsule 500mg:
- Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, it is important that you finish the prescribed course of this antibiotic medicine, even if you feel better or it seems the infection has cleared up. Stopping the course early increases the chance that the infection will come back and that the bacteria will grow resistant to the antibiotic.
- Broad-spectrum antibiotics can sometimes cause inflammation of the bowel (colitis). For this reason, if you get diarrhoea that becomes severe or persistent or contains blood or mucus, either during or after taking this medicine, you should consult your doctor immediately.
Amoxicillin Capsule 500mg - The active substance in each capsule is 500 mg amoxicillin.
- The other ingredients are magnesium stearate (E572), erythrosine (E127), indigo carmine (E132), titanium dioxide (E171), yellow iron oxide (E172) and gelatin.